- Pfizer Inc (NYSE: PFE) has started dosing in Phase 2/3 trial of its oral antiviral therapy for COVID-19 in non-hospitalized, symptomatic adult patients.
- The trial would enroll 1,140 participants who will receive PF07321332/ritonavir combo or placebo every 12 hours for five days.
- PF-07321332 is designed to block the activity of a key enzyme that is needed for the coronavirus to replicate.
- Merck & Co Inc (NYSE: MRK) and Ridgeback Biotherapeutics have started a molnupiravir Phase 3 trial in non-hospitalized patients to see if it reduces the risk of hospitalization or death.
- Related Content: Merck To Test Oral Antiviral Candidate For Post-Exposure Prophylaxis Of COVID-19 Infection
- Price Action: PFE stock is down 0.97% at $45.63 during the market session on the last check Wednesday.
© 2021 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.