- The FDA has approved Pfizer Inc (NYSE: PFE) and BioNTech SE’s (NASDAQ: BNTX) COVID-19 vaccine, making it the first to receive full FDA approval.
- The vaccine will now be marketed as ‘Comirnaty’ to prevent COVID-19 infection in individuals 16 years and older.
- The vaccine continues to be available under emergency use authorization (EUA) for individuals 12 through 15 years and a booster shot for certain immunocompromised individuals.
- Related: FDA Approves Vaccine Booster Dose Of mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines For Small, Vulnerable Group.
- Related content: Benzinga’s Full FDA Calendar.
- Price Action: PFE shares are up 3.73% at $50.53, and BNTX stock is up +10.20% at $384.07 during the market session on the last check Monday.
- Image by x3 from Pixabay
© 2021 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.