- For an undisclosed quantity, Harrow Well being Inc (NASDAQ: HROW) has agreed to accumulate MAQ-100 U.S. and Canadian industrial rights from Wakamoto Pharmaceutical Co Ltd.
- MAQ-100 is a preservative-free triamcinolone acetonide ophthalmic injection.
- MAQ-100 is offered by Wakamoto in Japan as MaQaid and is indicated as an intravitreal injection for visualization for vitrectomy.
- Since its preliminary approval, the indication for MaQaid was expanded to incorporate alleviation of diabetic macular edema, macular edema related to retinal vein occlusion, and non‑infectious uveitis.
- Harrow will initially concentrate on MAQ-100 improvement for visualization throughout vitrectomy.
- Mark L. Baum, CEO of Harrow Well being, acknowledged, “this transaction is a wonderful strategic match with our latest dedication to broaden our footprint to incorporate retina‑centered surgeons and follows our latest announcement of the acquisition of AMP‑100, a patented, modern ocular floor anesthetic drug candidate.”
- Beneath the phrases of the settlement, Wakamoto will obtain funds primarily based on the achievement of business milestones and provide Harrow with MAQ-100.
- Harrow Well being can have advertising and marketing rights for the U.S. and Canada, whereas Wakamoto Prescribed drugs will retain MAQ-100 advertising and marketing rights in different international locations.
- Worth Motion: HROW shares closed 1.36% decrease at $8.69 on Tuesday.
© 2021 Benzinga.com. Benzinga doesn’t present funding recommendation. All rights reserved.